Friday, September 30, 2011
Mi Goreng Kampung / Humble Fried Noodle
This mi goreng kampung was truly inspired by those super simple & humble fried noodle inside Nasi Campur Bali.
This is my ultimate #1 favorite nasi Bali of all time, it's Nasi Wangaya (the name of the small restaurant that sells it). I can't even start to explain how delicious is this nasi campur, there's nothing fancy about it, yet every single thing is absolutely to die for! maybe they put some magic on it...?? haha
Anyway, this is my original recipe for the mi goreng kampung, it best serve as the side dishes for other foods. This noodle won't be the star among the other dishes. If the other dishes is the bride / the groom, then this mi goreng kampung is the maid of honor / best man.
Remember, the key of this mie goreng kampung is simplicity, nothing fancy.
1 pack of thick egg noodles. Boiled them, then drain the water.
carrot & cabbage, with 1:1 ratio. shredded.
5 shallots, thinly sliced
5 garlic, chopped
salt & pepper
1. Heat the pan, add the cooking oil then pan fry the shallots and garlic until they turn brownish.
2. Add the carrot and cabbage, stir until they wilted.
3. Season with some salt & pepper
4. Add the cooked egg noodle into the pan, mix everything together.
5. Serve them with your other favorite dishes.
This is me attempted to prepare some nasi Bali...including the betutu, plecing kangkung, mie goreng kampung and tempe goreng :)