Search Your Favorite Recipe

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Stir Fry Chicken with Corn


Couple days ago, I cooked a chicken dish with green peas and other green vegetable that I don't remember the name. While we were enjoying our dinner, Hubby said that the chicken dish I cooked reminds him of his grandma chicken & corn dish.
I asked him, "what's the similarity?"
He said, "the chicken is the same"........woot??!!!??
So he explain to me that on his grandma's dish, the chickens are also tender and cubed like those in my dish, he said that grandma cook it with some red pepper and it was spicy and delicious.
Today, I decided to surprise hubby with cooking this dish, I don't know what was grandma's ingredients, but I know her cooking style, it's very simple. She doesn't put too much stuff on her dish. Also, grandma never cook anything too spicy, so in my opinion, most likely the dish were mildly spicy.
So, here's my version of the chicken & corn dish, it's very easy and simple <3

Ps. I seriously don't know how to name this dish...so I just name it based on whatever ingredients I use to cook them...lol.

Ingredients,
1/2 pack of boneless & skinless chicken tight, cubed. Why half pack? because that's all I have...haha!
1 can of corn
1 red jalapeno, sliced thinly.
7 garlics, chopped
1 teaspoon unsalted butter
light soy sauce
red pepper flakes
sugar
Olive oil

Cooking Method,
1. Heat the pan, add the butter and drizzle some olive oil.
2. Add garlic & red jalapeno, stir until fragrant.
3. Add the chicken, drizzle some light soy sauce, then stir until the chickens are cooked.
4. Add the corn.
5. Sprinkle some red pepper flakes and also add a pinch of sugar.
6. Stir for another 3 minutes, then the dish is ready to be serve.


Hubby was surprised and happy to see this dish, and when I asked if it taste like the one grandma made, he said yes. The different is that my dish got a lot of chicken while grandma's dish use a lot more corn and less chicken :D






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...