Search Your Favorite Recipe

Friday, October 7, 2011

Masman Chicken Curry & Puff Paratha


I like to stock up on "emergency foods" on my freezer.
What is emergency foods? for me, emergency foods are those easy convenient foods that I can reach whenever I don't have much stuff left to cook. My emergency foods usually are dumplings...and now I'm start stocking on puff paratha too.
Yesterday, I didn't have much stuff left on my fridge, and I have to prepare some foods for the care group at my house...then I decided to make thick curry & puff paratha, using anything I can find in my kitchen :D
It turn out so well and everyone loved it too!! Gotta make this combo again next time, with different type of curry!
This recipe is super easy because we going to use a shortcut here...a.k.a using ready to use spice...lol...but I still like to add more spices into it to make the food more fragrant :)

Ps. I didn't follow the cooking instruction from the curry box, I made the curry very thick so it suitable for dipping the paratha.



Ingredients,
10 tbs masman curry paste ---> almost the entire small jar of the paste.
1 pack of chicken wings
1 sweet potato, cubed.
1 onion, sliced.
1 handful kaffir lime leaf
1 handful chopped lemongrass
4 bird eye chilli
1 tsp sugar
3 tsp tamarind paste
1 can of coconut milk
4 cups of water
Olive oil

Cooking Method,
1. Heat the pan, drizzle some olive oil.
2. Add chicken, half of the onions, lime leaf and lemongrass. Stir until the onion wilted and the chicken turn a little bit brown.



3. Then add the curry paste & water. (In this picture I only put 5 tbs curry paste, later on I added 5 more)



4. Using medium-high heat, let the sauce boil. Then add the rest of the onion, sweet potato & chili. Let it boil for another 15 minutes, then lower and simmer covered for another 30 minutes. If your pan lid does not have the vent holes, place the lid slightly open like the picture bellow.



5. When the chicken is cooked and tender, add the coconut milk, sugar and tamarind. Then simmer for another 15 minutes. If the curry became too thick, add some more water. 


6. It's ready to be served with the puff paratha.



Tips for crunchy paratha: flattened the edge of the paratha before put it on the frying pan. I'm using medium heat and some butter to cook the paratha. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...